We have been manufacturing Air Coolers since 1932, for these applications:
- air coolers for overcharged Diesel engines
- air coolers for electric motors and alternators
- hydrogen coolers for high power alternators
- Double-tube air coolers for electric motors and marine engines
- water and oil finned tube air coolers.
Our coolers work by pushing a liquid, that circulates inside of the smooth or finned tubes. Those tubes, finned on the outside, ensure a large exchange surface with ventilation air and allow the thermal transfer between the two fluids.
The exchange surfaces of the coolers of the electrical machines are mostly made of metals such as copper or copper alloys for the tubes and copper for the fins.
Air coolers surfaces can also be made of steel tubes fitted with aluminum or steel fins.
Tube sheets and boxes for the water distribution are either made of steel or of copper alloys (brass or copper-aluminium) according to the type of the circulating water.
For many years we at SCAM manufactured our own finned tube coolers. These tubes, finned on the outside, offer a large surface in contact with the cooling air and allow an optimized heat exchange between the two fluids.